TAMASA is supported by the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, and is implemented by the International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center (CIMMYT), International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA), International Plant Nutrition Institute (IPNI) and Africa Soil Information Service (AfSIS) (Columbia).
Key institutional partnerships within TAMASA include:
- International Plant Nutrition Institute (IPNI), assisting with the co-development of a site-specific nutrient management decision support tool
- African Soils Information Service (AfSIS), allowing for collaborative access to geospatial data and derived analytical products; and
- University of Reading, University of Leuven, and the University of Wageningen for PhD capacity development
Key institutional partners within each country include:
- Bayaro University in Kano, Nigeria (BUK)
- The Ethiopian Institute of Agricultural Research (EIAR) in Ethiopia; and
- Selian and Uyole Research Institutes in Tanzania.